Lower back pain is chronic and debilitating, but it doesn't need to run your life. Simple, daily interventions at home and with a chiropractor can get your back in alignment, improve muscle strength, and get you on the road to good health, less pain, and better mobility. The causes of lower back pain are complex and varied, but once you and your doctor determine them, you can start fixing them, and the first step is to find a chiropractor in the Chandler, AZ area.
Causes Of Lower Back Pain
While some chronic lower back pain is caused by disease, the vast majority is caused by lifestyle. Primarily, chronic lower back pain is caused by what we do and do not do every day, like:
- Sedentary lifestyles cause our muscles to get tight and pull down on our backs, causing chronic pain. Sitting at your desk in class, at work, or watching television and playing video games are all causes of pain from sedentary living. Along with back pain, a mostly sedentary life can contribute to serious health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
- Repetitive use - like through sports or work - is another common cause of lower back pain. If your job has you going up and down ladders, on your knees, or reaching every day - like painting, electrical or custodial work - the repetitive nature of these activities can cause your lower back to pinch nerves and otherwise hurt.
- Obesity causes your muscles to pull down, especially when your stomach is large. When your abs are pulled down, this puts a strain on your lower back to compensate.
Solutions for lower back pain
Both at home and in your chiropractor's office, there are many things you can do to improve your health and your back pain situation. Let us take a look at few:
- Exercise regularly to keep your muscles loose, strong, and in the correct alignment.
- Eat a healthy diet that is low in sugar and excess carbs to help you lose weight and relieve some of the pressure from your back from carrying around all that extra bulk.
- Massage therapy can help release tension in your muscles and make them more limber and less painful.
- Manual manipulation of the spine can release pressure, relieving pain up and down your back.
Call Revive Chiropractic Today!
Seeing a chiropractor for the first time can be an eye-opening experience. If you have never had your lower back pain diagnosed, you might find that a few visits per month and some home-care techniques are all that stood between you and a relaxed, pain-free back. In some cases, you might need more direct work with your chiropractor, but the chance to live a pain-free, mobile life is worth it. If you want to get a consultation with a chiropractor in the Chandler, AZ area, contact Dr. Jessi Alexander at Revive Chiropractic and start down the path to good health and a pain-free back.